- Our Story
- In Memory
Eldercare Provider is Auspicious Neighbor
In May, Cure Alzheimer’s Fund moved its Massachusetts headquarters to a new location in Wellesley Hills. Our neighbor, CareScout, shares a passion for ending Alzheimer’s disease, and it has been a pleasure to get to know them and their business.
CareScout has been helping Americans chose an eldercare provider (home care, assisted living, nursing home and adult day care) since 1997. CareScout created the first “quality of care” ratings systems for nursing homes and home health care agencies in America—to provide peace of mind during the decision-making process.
The company helps families (and corporations such as insurance companies) save significant dollars on eldercare services through its proprietary Care Advocacy Program and discount network called the CareScout Network. In addition, insurance companies rely on the company as an important part of their risk-management strategies. CareScout is one of Inc. Magazine’s top 1,000 fastest-growing private companies.
With 75 million baby boomers coming into the Alzheimer’s age range, eldercare services and long-term care solutions are becoming increasingly important. Consider these statistics:
• 25 percent of us will have Alzheimer’s disease by the time we are in our 80s.*
• Alzheimer’s costs Medicare and Medicaid in excess of $100 billion per year. By 2030, the number is projected to be more than $500 billion, potentially bankrupting the system.*
• Almost 10 million Americans are caring for a loved one with Alzheimer’s disease or dementia. These unpaid caregivers provided the nation with an economic asset worth almost $83 billion in 2005 based on their hours of care.*
• Half of all elderly residents of assisted-living facilities have Alzheimer’s or other dementia and at least half of the elderly participants in adult day care services have Alzheimer’s or other dementia.
While we push for a cure, it is critical that others are providing services to best care for Alzheimer’s patients.
To learn more about CareScout, visit www.carescout.com. Mention you heard about the company from Cure Alzheimer’s Fund and receive a discount.
* Alzheimer’s Disease Facts and Figures 2007, Alzheimer’s Association