The mission of Cure Alzheimer’s Fund is to fund research with the potential to accelerate a cure or disease-modifying treatment for Alzheimer’s disease. CureAlz seeks to identify and support investigators who will contribute to the field’s knowledge base with bold hypotheses and well-crafted experimental plans.
Current areas of investigation that Cure Alzheimer’s Fund will support include:
- Alzheimer’s Genome Project and Functional Genomics
- Genes to Therapies™/Stem Cell Drug Screening: Translational studies investigating established and newly confirmed AD genes
- Identification: Early detection via biomarkers, imaging, etc.
- Immune System Structures and Processes: Role of inflammation and other responses in Alzheimer’s
- Interaction of the Microbiome with Alzheimer’s
- Pathological Pathways & Systems
- Therapeutic Strategies and Drug Discovery
- Whole Genome Sequencing and Epigenetics
- Other: Novel approaches, targets, or therapies aligned with the Cure Alzheimer’s Fund mission